Monday, October 3, 2011

A trip to the ER and my first day back at work!

I must say that I thought this day would be SO hard. I figured that I would sit home all day sunday holding Foster and crying because I was so sad that I had to leave him the next day. Well, things didnt work out that way at all!

Sunday I cleaned the house like mad. I completely gutted the kitchen and cleaned it. I cleaned up the downstairs. The frame wall got hung (post to follow). The yard got tended to. I cooked. Many other things got done too. It was the most productive day that I have had in a long time.

Foster has been having congestion issues from the start due to reflux but they have gotten MUCH worse the past few days. He was needing suctioned every 20 minutes, having trouble breathing, gagging, snorting, grunting, and overall miserable. Of course it got this bad at night so we had to take him to the ER just to make sure that there was nothing more serious going on. Things seem to be ok and we have to just keep doing what we are doing. They told us what to watch for because this set of symtoms can worsen and lead to RSV (VERY serious illness). So home we went and we were in bed at about 3am.

Got up at 6:30 his morning and showered and got Foster ready. Then we left for my parents house. I dropped him off and told them what to do and I left. And.... I DIDNT CRY! I actually had a good day at work. I had nothing to do really and just got to catch up with all the girls and we ordered chinese food for lunch. I left work at 4 and got home in time to empty the dishwasher and do a couple dishes before my mom arrived to drop him off (she has a workout right by my house at 5 on mondays). It was so AMAZING to finally get to hold him. Even though I had a good day I missed him like crazy and I couldnt wait to get my hands on my little stinker and shower him with kisses!

Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well.
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

  1. Glad your day went well! And no tears!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hold Foster again too! Needs to happen ASAP!

    ReplyDelete