Sunday, July 3, 2011

DIY Cornice Board

Getting a piece of fabric wide enough to make this cornice was the hardest part. The bolt is not long enough so I had to cute three sections and piece them together.... it sounds like it would be easy but it was extremely hard. This fabric is striped so we had to match it up and pim it PERFECTLY so that you would not be able to see the seams when it was finished. This also required me to sew an absolute perfect line while looking at the back of the fabric and not being able to see the lines.... TRUST ME, it was difficult.
My wonderful husband and father-in-law built the wood frame for me out of these long cuts of wood.

Then once the wooden frame was finished it was time to staple the batting on. The batting gives the cornice the cushy soft look that they have. I bought relatively thick batting and doubled it over.

After the batting we CAREFULLY stretched and stapled the fabric over the batting. Make sure to fold all corners and make the pretty!

And its complete!

Pictures of it hanging in the nursery to come later today!!! (Its been hanging but for some reason I dont have any pictures of it on my computer!)

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! I love it! I don't know how you have the energy while you're so pregnant!

    ReplyDelete