Thursday, July 21, 2011

And its induction time..... a month early.


When I went to the Dr yesterday I was expecting to just turn in my 24 hour urine and have an ultrasound. I thought things were going pretty well but I guess I was wrong, lol.
 My mild preeclampsia turned into severe preeclampsia and my liver enzymes were slightly elevated and my OB and MFM agreed there was no point in squeaking out another week and making me sicker so they said "Its time to have a baby".
I got the the hospital at 9pm last night and got admitted to a L&D room and my OB was in the hospital so she came in and talked to us again. 
Here is the deal: Odds are that I am going to end up with a c-section due to having an extremely narrow pelvis and uncooperative cervix. BUT my OB knows that I really wanted a vaginal delivery and dont want a c-sect so she agreed to let me try! I had from last night till friday lunch time to get this baby out or we are having a c-section on friday.
They put in cervadil last night that has to stay in for 12 hours then they will check me so I will get checked at 11 today!!! PLEASE BE WORKING! Then we will go from there. I am having contractions on my own every 2 to 4 minutes but my cervix was firm and closed when they put the cervadil in. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am hoping the cervadil does the trick for you. You sound like you are doing great and really going with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear from you once you've met baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for a healthy delivery and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... hang in there!! I hope the cervadil is working for you too!!! Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby for you!!!

    ReplyDelete